FinTOC ’2 shared task
First Call For Participation
The FinTOC ’2 shared task aims to bring together the community of researchers interested in Financial Document Processing and Document Layout Analysis to advance the state of the art in the automatic processing of financial documents. This task proposes to focus on the automatic generation of the Table Of Contents (henceforth TOC), because it is a key building block in the semantic analysis of financial documents. Indeed, generating the TOC requires to detect the span of all document sections and subsections, identify their titles, and organise them into a hierarchy. It is a well-known fact that extracting document structure is a key step in information processing as e.g. sections can be used to determine areas where algorithms can be applied, such as Information Extraction, thus reducing false positive rate and irrelevant noise.
This is the second edition of the FinTOC shared task which will be held at COLING 2020 in Barcelona (Spain) as part of the FNP-FNS workshop. Last year’s edition received significant interest, particularly on the Title Detection track. Our aim this year is to increase interest by:
- lowering the barriers to the entry to the TOC extraction track, and
- opening up the task to a new language: French. We are particularly interested in systems which can be applied to both languages.
This second edition proposes two tracks: one track per language, and it will score systems on both Title detection and TOC generation performance. We have revised the task and greatly simplified data formats to make it as smooth as possible for every interested researcher to participate and submit their systems’ outputs at FinTOC ’2.
Each team participating to the task will be asked to prepare an article to present their solutions for presentation during the workshop.
Please use the following link to register: FinTOC’2 Registration
- December 1st, 2020: Registration opens
- February 17th, 2020: Release of training set & scoring scripts
- March 23rd, 2020: Release of test set
- April 6th, 2020: Registration deadline
- April 13th, Submission deadline
- May 1st, 2020: Release of results
- Sep 13th, 2020: Workshop day
Shared task organizers:
– Najah-Imane Bentabet, Fortia Financial Solutions
– Ismail El Maarouf, Fortia Financial Solutions
– Mahmoud El-Haj, Lancaster University
– Remi Juge, Fortia Financial Solutions
– Dialekti Valsamou-Stanislawski, Fortia Financial Solutions
Find out more details about Fortia Financial Solutions here